Pork Chops with Dried Fruit Stuffing
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $3.89
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 631
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 44g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 133mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 6 ounces mixed dried fruit, cut into strips (1 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried), plus extra for garnish
- 4 (8 oz.) center-cut pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss together fruit and thyme. Cut horizontal slit into meaty side of each chop, slicing almost to bone. Equally stuff chops with half of fruit; reserve remainder for sauce.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Season chops with 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper; add chops to pan and cook until browned on bottom, about 7 minutes. Turn and cook until just cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and water to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until dry. Add broth and remaining dried fruit, 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper to taste. Boil, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by half. Stir in butter and remove from heat.
- Turn chops in sauce and then place on dinner plates. Spoon sauce on top, then sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes