Pork Chops With Cream Gravy
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup cracker meal
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) pork chops
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Spiced crab apples (optional)
- Combine cracker meal, poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Dredge pork chops in cracker meal mixture.
- Heat bacon drippings in a 10- inch skillet over high heat. Cook chops 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Transfer chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Add flour to pan drippings, stirring until well blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add scalded milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Pour gravy into serving bowl.
- Garnish pork chops with parsley sprigs and crab apples, if desired. Serve immediately with gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes