Pork Chops With Cream Gravy
- 1/2 cup cracker meal
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) pork chops
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Spiced crab apples (optional)
- Combine cracker meal, poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Dredge pork chops in cracker meal mixture.
- Heat bacon drippings in a 10- inch skillet over high heat. Cook chops 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Transfer chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Add flour to pan drippings, stirring until well blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add scalded milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Pour gravy into serving bowl.
- Garnish pork chops with parsley sprigs and crab apples, if desired. Serve immediately with gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note