Fabulous! I had extra time so I made mashed potatoes from scratch. They were excellent with gravy! Yum!
Pork Chops with Country Gravy and Mashed Potatoes
These delicious pork chops are browned in butter then simmered in a homemade country gravy until done. The five-ingredient gravy would go well over pan-sautéed or oven-fried chicken. It's also great over an open-faced turkey sandwich.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 908mg
- Calcium: 125mg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt evenly over both sides of pork. Add 1 teaspoon butter to pan, stirring until butter is melted. Add the pork to pan, and cook pork for 3 minutes on each side. Remove pork from pan, and keep warm.
- Combine low-fat milk and flour, stirring with a whisk. Add the milk mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper. Return pork to pan. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer for 7 minutes or until gravy is thick and pork is done.
- While pork cooks, prepare potatoes according to package directions. Serve with pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note