We grill the chops and add a few cayenne peppers for kick and the dish gets rave reviews every time.
Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
Photo: Christopher Baker; Styling: Anna Last
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 476
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 46g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Sugars: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Sodium: 598mg
- Cholesterol: 126mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the cherries, broth, marmalade, vinegar, and red pepper. Simmer until the sauce thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
Season the pork with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, cook the chops until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Divide among individual plates and top with the cherry sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note