We grill the chops and add a few cayenne peppers for kick and the dish gets rave reviews every time.
Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
Photo: Christopher Baker; Styling: Anna Last
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 476
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 46g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Sugars: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Sodium: 598mg
- Cholesterol: 126mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the cherries, broth, marmalade, vinegar, and red pepper. Simmer until the sauce thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
Season the pork with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, cook the chops until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Divide among individual plates and top with the cherry sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes