- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- Kosher salt and pepper
- calories 476
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 46 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- sugars 16 g
- fiber 2 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 6 g
- sodium 598 mg
- cholesterol 126 mg
How to Make It
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the cherries, broth, marmalade, vinegar, and red pepper. Simmer until the sauce thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
Season the pork with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, cook the chops until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Divide among individual plates and top with the cherry sauce.