An easy recipe that the whole family enjoyed.
Pork Chops with Apples
Photo: Kana Okada; Styling: Susan Vajaranant
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 447
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Sodium: 767mg
- 4 1/2-inch-thick bone-in pork chops
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt. Place flour in a shallow bowl and dredge chops on both sides.
- 2. Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chops until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- 3. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, shallot and apples to skillet. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add jam, vinegar and broth; cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits on bottom of skillet, until sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Season sauce with salt, pour over chops and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This