Pork Chops Smothered with Pepper Gravy
This is a lightened version of a family recipe from one of our staff members. We kept the down-home flavor while cutting out some of the calories and fat.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 235
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Carbohydrate: 10.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 381mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 6 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of chops evenly with 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Combine flour, remaining 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge pork chops in flour mixture, reserving leftover flour mixture.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done; transfer to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- 3. Combine remaining flour mixture and milk in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add to pan; bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with whisk. Reduce heat; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until gravy is thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk. Serve gravy over pork chops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note