Great. My husband loved it and he is very picky. Thanks. This will be in the regular rotation.
Pork Chops with Roasted Apples and Onions
Photo: Johnny Autry, Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr, Lindsey Lower
Pork chops and apples make a perfect pairing for a quick meal that feels like fall.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chop, about 1 tablespoon sauce, and 3/4 cup apple mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 379mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 cups Gala apple wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Pat onions dry with a paper towel. Add onions to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Add apple to pan; place in oven. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until onions and apple are tender. Stir in 2 teaspoons butter, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan; keep warm. Combine broth and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 1 minute or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon butter. Serve sauce with pork and apple mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes