Pork Chops Osso Bucco
More From Bertolli Pasta Sauce
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1-1/2-inches thick (about 4 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vineyard Premium Collections Portobello Mushroom with Merlot Sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- Season chops, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in 5-quart saucepot or Dutch oven and brown chops, in batches; remove chops and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in same saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in Sauce and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return chops to saucepot. Simmer covered, turning occasionally, 2 hours or until chops are tender.
Meanwhile, combine lemon peel, parsley and garlic in small bowl; set aside.
To serve, arrange chops on platter. Top with sauce, then sprinkle with parsley mixture. Serve, if desired, with hot mashed potatoes or pasta.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 870, Calories From Fat 340, Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 38g, Cholesterol 250mg, Sodium 1030mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g, Sugars 19g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 105g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 15%, Iron 35%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes