We really enjoyed this! This is a super easy recipe, I followed it exactly and the chops turned out great. They're moist, fork tender and nicely seasoned. Just to change things up next time I might add heavy cream to the sauce to thicken it a bit...not because it needs it, but just to add some variety. I served this with shredded veggies: sauté 1 shallot in evoo/butter combo and add 1 yellow squash, 1 zucchini and 1 large carrot, all three shredded in my Cuisinart. season with salt & pepper to taste. Yum! and very easy. Definitely will do this again.
Pork Chops with Mustard, Rosemary, and Capers
Photo: James Baigrie
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 491
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 62g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 649mg
- Cholesterol: 182mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3 1/2 lbs. total), 1 in. thick
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Add chops to pan and cook until barely pink in center, turning once, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer pork to a serving plate and tent with foil.
- 2. Add broth to pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in mustard, capers, and rosemary. Simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over chops.
Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This