I loved these pork chops and so did my husband. The Caribbean rub was delicious, as was the mango salsa. I served this with Cooking Light's Quinoa Peach Salad and sugar snap peas, and my husband complimented me on what a great dinner it was. It will go into my saved recipe file to be used again!
Pork Chops with Caribbean Rub and Mango Salsa
The smoky-spicy rub would also work well with grilled chicken breasts.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chop and 1/4 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2-inch-thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub pork chops with spice mixture.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; grill 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 145° (slightly pink).
- 3. Combine mango and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; toss gently. Serve salsa with pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes