- 1 pound lean boneless pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons bead molasses
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 (3-ounce) can Chinese noodles
How to Make It
Sauté pork in oil in a large skillet until color changes on all sides (do not brown). Add onion and celery; sauté until tender. Add 1 cup water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup water, cornstarch, and molasses; stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and soy sauce to pork. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add bean sprouts and water chestnuts; cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Serve over rice, and garnish with noodles.