- 6 frozen buttermilk biscuits (from a 41.6-oz. package)
- 6 thin boneless pork loin chops (about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) freshly shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Cook biscuits according to package directions.
Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chops to a platter, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet. Gradually whisk in milk; increase heat to medium, and cook, whisking constantly, 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in hot sauce and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
Cook grits according to package directions; stir in cheese and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. Split biscuits; top with pork chops and desired amount of gravy. Serve with grits.