Southern comfort food at its best! I've been making a variation of this dish for years; only my version is a bit more spicy. Instead of a fresh tomato, I add an undrained can of Rotel tomatoes (regular, not super hot). Also a sprinkle of fresh thyme and parsley onto the rice. And with colorful peppers so easy to find now, this makes a most comfortable, colorful, soul-satisfying dish. bon appetit, ya'll!
Pork Chop and Rice,Tomato, GreenPepper, Onion Bake
Southern Food..Pork Chop and Rice Bake User Rating 5 Star Rating (2 Reviews) Write a reviewBy Diana Rattray, About.com Guide .Pork chops are browned then baked with rice and green bell pepper and tomatoes. Cook Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 60 minutes Ingredients: •4 pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick •olive oil •salt and pepper •2 cups chicken broth •1 cup uncooked long-grain rice •1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper •3 green onions, chopped o •1 tomato, peeled and diced
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) Bone- in Pork Chops Browned in Olive Oil
- 2 cup(s) Chicken Broth add to chops in caserole
- 1/2 whole(s) Onion Slice on each Pork Chop
- 1 whole(s) Green Pepper Slice on each Pork Chop
- 1 cup(s) Uncooked long-grain rice add to casserole
- 1 cup(s) diced tomatoes on top of rice
- Heat small amount of olive oil in skillet. Brown pork chops on both sides and place in shallow baking dish or casserole. Sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place portion of onion slice and then a piece of green pepper over chop
- Pour chicken broth over combination of pork chops, bell pepper and onion slices.
- Add 1 cup of uncooked long-grain rice over chops in casserole..
- Place diced tomato over rice.
- Cover casserole with foil; bake at 350 degrees x 45 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gggspot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes