Southern comfort food at its best! I've been making a variation of this dish for years; only my version is a bit more spicy. Instead of a fresh tomato, I add an undrained can of Rotel tomatoes (regular, not super hot). Also a sprinkle of fresh thyme and parsley onto the rice. And with colorful peppers so easy to find now, this makes a most comfortable, colorful, soul-satisfying dish. bon appetit, ya'll!
Pork Chop and Rice,Tomato, GreenPepper, Onion Bake
Southern Food..Pork Chop and Rice Bake User Rating 5 Star Rating (2 Reviews) Write a reviewBy Diana Rattray, About.com Guide .Pork chops are browned then baked with rice and green bell pepper and tomatoes. Cook Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 60 minutes Ingredients: •4 pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick •olive oil •salt and pepper •2 cups chicken broth •1 cup uncooked long-grain rice •1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper •3 green onions, chopped o •1 tomato, peeled and diced
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) Bone- in Pork Chops Browned in Olive Oil
- 2 cup(s) Chicken Broth add to chops in caserole
- 1/2 whole(s) Onion Slice on each Pork Chop
- 1 whole(s) Green Pepper Slice on each Pork Chop
- 1 cup(s) Uncooked long-grain rice add to casserole
- 1 cup(s) diced tomatoes on top of rice
- Heat small amount of olive oil in skillet. Brown pork chops on both sides and place in shallow baking dish or casserole. Sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place portion of onion slice and then a piece of green pepper over chop
- Pour chicken broth over combination of pork chops, bell pepper and onion slices.
- Add 1 cup of uncooked long-grain rice over chops in casserole..
- Place diced tomato over rice.
- Cover casserole with foil; bake at 350 degrees x 45 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gggspot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note