Pork Chips Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 10 ounce(s) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground balck pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 2 ounce(s) goat cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 4 ounce center-cut pork chops
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- Warm the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook until combined, about 2 more minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add the goat cheese and the cream cheese. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the thickest portion of the pork chop. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture and close the pork around the stuffing. Season the outside of the pork with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the pork. Cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a side dish and tent with foil to keep warm. Add the chicken broth mixture to the skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan as the chicken broth simmers. Reduce the broth by half to make a light sauce, about 8 minutes. Spoon some sauce over the pork before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GeorgiaRaby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note