- 1 (2-pound) lean boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 large poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added pinto beans
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 (12 1/2-ounce) jar tomatillo salsa
- 1/2 cup diced jicama
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- calories 408
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 13.5 g
- satfat 4.3 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 28.8 g
- carbohydrate 40.1 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 663 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Trim fat from pork; sprinkle roast with pepper and paprika.
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork, and cook until browned on all sides. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Wipe drippings from Dutch oven with a paper towel.
Coat Dutch oven with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Return pork to Dutch oven. Add chicken broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender. Remove pork from broth.
Shred pork using two forks. Return pork to Dutch oven. Place beans in a bowl, and mash with a fork until smooth; add to Dutch oven, stirring well. Cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly heated.
Cut tortillas into wedges; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
Combine avocado, minced cilantro, and salsa in a small bowl, stirring well.
To serve, ladle chili into 8 serving bowls; top each serving with 1/4 cup avocado mixture and 1 tablespoon jicama. Serve with tortilla wedges. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.