This presents really well on the plate and the flavors are very upfront and complimentary. Roasted the pork on the grill, but everything else as directed. The sauce and the sprouts were exceptionally tasty. Would most certainly do again and would make for a lovely company dinner.
Pork and Charred Brussels Sprouts with Chile Lime Sauce
Chef Gregory Gourdet prepares modern Asian cuisine at Portland's Departure Restaurant + Lounge. But at home, the Bikram yoga disciple and marathoner adheres strictly to the Paleo diet, which is rooted in whole foods and nutritionally dense ingredients. Here's how the chef-athlete gives a healthy, classic meat-and-vegetable combo an unexpected Southeast Asian flavor twist.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 523
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Sodium: 871mg
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, stems trimmed
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 1/4 lbs.), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4- by 4-in. wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-in. wedges
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Thai chiles or 1 serrano chile, minced
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Separate brussels sprout leaves; thinly slice hearts. Set aside.
- 2. Season pork with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Brown in 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over high heat, turning, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Toss sweet potatoes in a roasting pan with onion, 2 tbsp. oil, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add pork. Roast 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare, stirring vegetables once.
- 4. Meanwhile, purée honey, lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, and half the chile in a blender. Stir in remaining chile; set sauce aside.
- 5. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in the frying pan over high heat and lightly char half the brussels sprouts, stirring, 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat for remaining brussels sprouts. Toss with 1/2 cup cilantro and 1/4 cup sauce.
- 6. Slice pork, toss sweet potatoes with remaining cilantro, and set on a platter with brussels sprouts. Drizzle more sauce to taste over everything (you may have some left over).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This