Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Dried Great Northern Beans
- 2 slice(s) Bacon Cut in 1" pieces
- 3 pound(s) Boneless PorkLoin Cut in 1" cubes
- 1 pound(s) Turkey Kielbasa Cut in 1/2" pieces
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Chopped Celery
- 1 cup(s) Sliced Celery
- 1 cup(s) Sliced Carrot 1/4" sliced
- 4 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 cup(s) Water
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1- 14.5 ounce(s) Can chicken broth
- 1- 14.5 ounce(s) Can diced tomatoes- no salt added Undrained
- 1/2 cup(s) Dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 1 cup(s) Red bell pepper rings 1/4" thick
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Cubed French bread 1"
- 1/3 cup(s) Grated fresh Parmesan cheese 1 1/2 oz.
- 1- sort and wash the beans, place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2" above beans, bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain, return beans to pot. Cover beans with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, drain.
- 2- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 3- Add bacon to pan, cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon. Increase heat to medium-high. Add pork to drippings in pan, cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pork with a slotted spoon. Add kielbasa, cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove kielbasa with slotted spoon. Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic and thyme, sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/4 cup water, tomato paste, broth and tomatoes.
- 4- return beans, bacon,pork and kielbasa to pan, bring to a boil. Cover and bake at 300 for 1 hour. Remove 1 cup of beans and vegetables with slotted spoon. Place in a blender or food processor, process until smooth. Return to pan, stir in the wine, salt, and pepper. Arrange the bell pepper rings evenly over top.
- 5- Place the bread in a food processor, piles 10 times or until course crumbs forms to measure 1 1/2 cups. Combine with cheese. Sprinkle cassoulet with bread crumb mixture and return to oven, bake uncovered an additional 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LinenLadies and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pork Cassoulet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes