Pork Carnitas Nachos
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 6 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-pound) boneless pork loin
- 5 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from can
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- 5 cups canned seasoned black beans, drained
- Tortilla chips
- Toppings: 2/3 cup chopped onion; 2/3 cup refrigerated pico de gallo; 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro; 2 jalapeños, sliced; 1 1/2 cups queso fresco
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1. Make 1/2-inch-deep slits on outside of pork; stuff with garlic. Combine cumin, oregano, and salt in a small bowl. Place pork in a 3 1/2-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture.
- 2. Combine beer, chipotle chiles, lime juice, and adobo sauce. Pour mixture over pork. Cover and cook on High for 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender.
- 3. Remove pork from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Combine shredded pork and 1/2 cup cooking liquid; toss well.
- 4. Layer tortilla chips on bottom of platter; spoon rice and beans over chips. Add meat and toppings. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note