Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) ingredients below
- Pork Carnitas
- Soft tortillas wrap savory pork, fresh tomatoes, garlic cloves, and citrus juices blending to make the perfect slow-cooker delicacy. Serve with black beans and rice, if desired.
- Oxmoor House SEPTEMBER 2012
- Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork, 2 tortillas, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon salsa, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 1 lime wedge)
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle chiles canned in adobo sauce, drained and chopped
- 20 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 lime wedges
- 1. Make 1/2-inch-deep slits on outside of roast; stuff with garlic. Combine cumin and next 3 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Place roast in a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture.
- 2. Combine juices and chipotle chiles. Pour juice mixture over pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork is tender.
- 3. Remove pork from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Combine shredded pork and 1/2 cup cooking liquid; toss well.
- 4. Spoon 1 1/2 ounces pork mixture onto each tortilla; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salsa, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pork Carnitas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes