My family and friends LOVE this recipe. Easy and feeds a bunch. I used 2 cans of tomatoes, a whole BOX of cut butternut, 2/3 big bag of chopped Kale, and added a can or two of cannelloni. A package of pork chops that were on sale. I also put everything beside the cannelloni and butternut in the big crockpot and let it stew. Added the soft veggies mid way through.
Pork and Butternut Squash Stew
Warm up a cold winter's night with a steaming bowl of stew and crusty bread from the oven. Bright orange squash and dark green kale add more than just color to this soup—these winter-garden veggies also add plenty of vitamins and fiber.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 30.0g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Calcium: 163mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups coarsely chopped fresh kale (about 1 pound)
- 5 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, un-drained
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pork, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook 9 minutes or until pork is browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pork from pan; set aside.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add coriander and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Return pork to pan. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, kale, and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews