- 4 thick-cut boneless New York (top loin) pork chops, about 1 1/2-inches thick
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 4 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, such as tabasco, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cool Cucumber-tomato Salad
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing, or more to taste
- salt and pepper
- calories 350
- protein 44 g
- fat 15 g
- sodium 890 mg
- cholesterol 125 mg
- satfat 3 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 3 g
How to Make It
In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, hot sauce, cayenne, salt, garlic powder and onion powder, stirring to make a paste. Divide paste into two small bowls, with about 2/3 of paste in one bowl, and 1/3 in another. Arrange pork on a plate or platter and use a butter knife to thinly spread about 2/3 of the spice paste from one bowl over both sides of the meat. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Prepare a grill to medium-hot heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill pork until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. (medium rare) to 160 degrees F. (medium), 4 to 5 minutes per side. (It’s okay if some of the spice paste sticks to the grill.) Transfer chops to a platter and spread remaining spice paste from second bowl on top, and set aside to rest 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the Cool Cucumber-Tomato Salad: In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, parsley and salad dressing, tossing gently. Add more dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve chops with cucumber-tomato salad alongside. Pass additional hot sauce at the table.