Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
Keep some of the Dry Rub Mix on hand for roasted or grilled dishes... it adds plenty of flavor to any recipe.
Yield: Serves 8 to 12
- 1 3- to 5-lb. boneless pork roast
- 1 to 2 T. olive oil
- Barbecue sauce to taste
- 8 to 12 sandwich buns
- Dry Rub Mix:
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dry Rub Mix: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; blend well. Store in airtight container. Makes 1 3/4 cups.
- Rub surface of pork with Dry Rub Mix to taste reserving the rest for another use. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet; brown pork on all sides.
- Place the pork in a lightly greased roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until very tender. When done, use 2 forks to shred meat. Add barbecue sauce to taste and serve on buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Sandwiches