1. In large stewpot over medium heat, combine juice and beer. Add the quartered tomatillos and cook 20 min. Remove from heat.
2. Coat large skillet with spray oil. Over medium heat cook the chopped garlic for c. 2 min, avoid browning. Remove and add to stewpot.
3. Salt & pepper the cubed pork.
4. Raise heat under skillet to medium-high and brown the pork cubes in small batches, removing to stewpot as they're done. Use a little more cooking spray as needed.
5. Add the sliced onions to the skillet and lightly brown, removing to stewpot when done.
6. Return stewpot to medium heat. Add chopped tomatoes, diced jalapenos, crushed red pepper, chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
7. Bring stewpot to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
8. Add the drained & rinsed beans. Cook uncovered for 1/2 hour more.
Lime Sour Cream
1. Whisk the sour cream, zest and juice til blended.
Serve the chili -either- over white rice -or- with cornbread. Garnish with a small dollop of lime cream, avocado slices and sprigs of cilantro.
Go to full version of