Pork and Sausage Jambalaya
John Besh's NOLA-Style Jambalaya
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) ingredients below
- • ½ lb. bacon, diced
- • 1 onion, diced
- • ½ green pepper, diced
- • 1 stalk celery, diced
- • 1 lb. smoked pork sausage, sliced
- • 3 cups uncooked, converted Louisiana white rice
- • 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- • 1 tsp. dried thyme
- • ½-1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- • 5 cups chicken broth
- • 1 cup tomato sauce or canned diced tomatoes
- • 2 cups diced cooked pork
- • 3 green onions, chopped
- • Salt
- • Hot sauce
- 1. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, cook bacon over medium-high heat until fat is rendered, about 3 minutes. Add onions, stirring often until browned. Add green pepper, celery and sausage; cook, stirring often, 3 minutes longer. Add rice, paprika, thyme and red pepper flakes.
- 2. Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, pork and green onions; bring to a boil, stirring well. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 18 minutes until rice is done. Remove from heat. Season with salt and hot sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pork and Sausage Jambalaya Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes