Pork-and-Rice Salad with Spicy Tomato Dressing
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds deli-roasted pork tenderloin, cut into strips*
- 2 cups cooked white rice, chilled
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded colby-Jack cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Spicy Tomato Dressing
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together sugar and lime juice; gently stir in avocado, 1/4 cup cilantro, and Cajun seasoning. Add to pork mixture, stir in Spicy Tomato Dressing; and gently toss. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Serve salad on lettuce leaves, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
- *1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin or boneless 1/2-inch-thick pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch strips and cooked in 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 7 minutes, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pork-and-Rice Salad with Spicy Tomato Dressing Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes