Pork and Peach Chutney Saute
Did you know that 1/2 cup of canned peaches gives you more than 10 percent of the vitamin A you need for the day? Because the base of the chutney in this main dish is canned peaches, making this delicious sauce which provides fiber and important nutrients takes minimal effort. This recipe lets you create a fragrant, sweet and slightly spicy fruit chutney right in the skillet used to saut meat. Serve this dish over rice, noodles or couscous.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat, and cut into 1/2inch thick strips
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup canned, reducedsodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, in juice or light syrup, drained
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in large skillet over high heat. Add the pork and stirfry until no pink remains. Add the curry powder and stirfry for 30 seconds to a minute. Mix in the raisins, red pepper and broth; heat to simmering. Mix in the peaches and vinegar. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the green onions; season with salt.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 326; Total fat 12g; Cholesterol 89mg; Sodium 102mg; Total carbohydrate 19g; Fiber 2g; Protein 34g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note