i couldn't find porcini mushroom tortellini, so i used another kind, from the refrigerator section...was a yummy dish!
Porcini Mushroom Tortelloni With Wilted Greens
Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8-oz.) package porcini mushroom tortelloni
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 (5.5-oz.) package baby spinach-and-spring greens mix, thoroughly washed
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare tortelloni according to package directions. Keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine and vinegar, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- 3. Stir in chicken broth, peas, tomatoes, and tortelloni, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over salad greens, and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Porcini Mushroom Tortelloni and Fresh Express 50/50 Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note