very tasty and very easy. Would definitely make again.
Porcini Mushroom-and-Veal Meat Loaf
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 12.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 471mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 ounce), chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground veal
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 8 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Combine mushroom mixture, mustard, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well. Stir in breadcrumbs; let cool slightly.
- Crumble veal over mushroom mixture; stir just until blended. Pack mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until meat loaf registers 160°. Let loaf stand in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove meat loaf from pan; cut loaf into 12 slices.
- Note: Ground turkey or chicken can be substituted for ground veal.
- Sandwich suggestion: Serve leftover meat loaf slices on kaiser rolls with herbed mayonnaise and lettuce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note