very tasty and very easy. Would definitely make again.
Porcini Mushroom-and-Veal Meat Loaf
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 12.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 471mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 ounce), chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground veal
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 8 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Combine mushroom mixture, mustard, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well. Stir in breadcrumbs; let cool slightly.
- Crumble veal over mushroom mixture; stir just until blended. Pack mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until meat loaf registers 160°. Let loaf stand in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove meat loaf from pan; cut loaf into 12 slices.
- Note: Ground turkey or chicken can be substituted for ground veal.
- Sandwich suggestion: Serve leftover meat loaf slices on kaiser rolls with herbed mayonnaise and lettuce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes