Delicious and makes a beautiful presentation for company. I used a mix of baby portobello and button mushrooms, and reconstituted the leftover dried porcini mushrooms in the broth (I used homemade chicken stock) - it made for a really rich flavor. Due to dairy issues with one guest, I skipped the sour cream and we didn't miss it. I served it with roasted garlic smashed red potatoes and the balsamic-glazed green beans and pearl onions from CL. My dinner guests devoured it!
Porcini-Dusted Chicken Scaloppine
This dish puts dried porcini mushroom powder to use as a flavorful coating for chicken cutlets. If fresh porcini or chanterelle mushrooms are available, use them for the sauce. Serve with steamed haricots verts and garlic mashed potatoes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 43.2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 104mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 469mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 ounce)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (about 1)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups sliced wild or cultivated mushrooms (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place porcini mushrooms in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground. Slice chicken breast halves in half horizontally. Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with porcini powder, shaking off excess powder.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 chicken pieces to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until chicken is lightly browned and done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 4 chicken pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add 3 cups mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add broth to pan; simmer until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Stir in sour cream; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note