Poppy Seed Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) Baby spinach
- 1 bag(s) Romaine
- 1 can(s) mandarin oranges
- bacon Cooked until crisp
- mozzarella or swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1 whole(s) red onion 3 rings cut into squares
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds
- 2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- **Blend dressing ingredients in a blender or use a hand mixer. (The hand mixer works the best).**
- Caramelize the almonds.
- Pour almonds in a small pan over medium heat.
- Pour sugar evenly over the top.
- Heat until the sugar melts. (It takes awhile but watch it carefully so they don't burn).
- Brown almonds.
- Pour almonds on a dish that is sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Top the salad with the cheese, bacon, mushrooms, caramelized almonds, red onion and mandarin oranges.
- Serve the dressing separately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RYCHEFREAKLIVE and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Poppy Seed Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads