Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
Fresh basil, orange zest, and honey add bright flavor to Poppy Seed Chicken Salad.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; whisk basil, orange zest, honey, and poppy seeds into mayonnaise mixture. Stir in chicken and celery. Stir cranberries into chicken mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill 3 hours. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note