Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 278
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 43.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 236mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, chilled
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, chilled
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- To prepare the cake, lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Beat 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 3/4 cup cream cheese, and 1/2 cup softened butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating the mixture well after each addition. Add the flour mixture, and beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in the poppy seeds, 1 tablespoon lemon rind, and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into a 9-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove cake from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare the frosting, beat 1/4 cup cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 teaspoon lemon rind until mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating just until blended (do not overbeat). Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Note: The cake can be made using a 10-inch tube pan; bake at 325º for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean. You can also bake the cake in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; bake at 325º for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This