Poppy seed and cheese crackers
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/3 cup(s) boiling water
- unbeaten egg white
- 1 teaspoon(s) poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded swiss cheese
- 1)Measure butter,flour,potato flakes,baking powder and salt into mixing bowl.2)With spoon or mixer,blend until butter is no longer visible and mixture is crumbly.3)Stir in boiling water until soft dough forms.4)Shape into a smooth ball.5)Place on cookie sheet6)Flatten,and roll out to measure 12-by-15-inches.7)Cut into rectangles,about 2-by-3-inches,using a pastry wheel or a knife.8)Leave dough in place.10)Brush with unbeaten egg white.11)Sprinkle with poppy seeds.12)Bake at 425`f until crisp and pale golden,about 10 minutes.13)Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese as you take the pan from the oven.14)Cool on baking pan and separate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note