Popeye's Fried Chicken – CLONE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Popeye's Fried Chicken – CLONE
- 3 c. Self-rising flour
- 1 c. Cornstarch
- 3 T. Seasoned salt
- 2 T. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 pk Italian Salad Dressing Mix Powder
- 1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix -- (1 1/2 Ounces)
- 1 pkg. Spaghetti sauce mix -- (1/2 Ounce)
- 3 T. Sugar
- 3 c. Corn flakes -- crushed
- 2 Eggs -- well beaten
- 1/4 c. Cold water
- 4 lb. Chicken -- cut up
- Combine first 9 ingredients in large bowl. Put the cornflakes into
- another bowl. Put eggs and water in a 3rd bowl. Put enough corn oil into a
- heavy roomy skillet to fill it 1" deep. Get it HOT! Grease a 9 x 12 x 2 baking
- pan. Set it aside. Preheat oven to 350~F. Dip chicken pieces 1 piece at a
- time as follows:
- 1-Into dry coating mix.
- 2-Into egg and water mix.
- 3-Into corn flakes.
- 4 - Briskly but briefly back into dry mix.
- 5-Drop into hot oil, skin-side-down and brown 3 to 4 minutes on medium
- high. Turn and brown other side of each piece.
- Don't crowd pieces during frying. Place in prepared pan in single layer,
- skin-side-up. Seal in foil, on 3 sides only, leaving 1 side loose for steam
- to escape. Bake at 350~ for 35-40 minutes removing foil then to test
- tenderness of chicken. Allow to bake uncovered 5 minutes longer to
- crisp the coating.
- Serves 4
- Leftovers refrigerate well up to 4 days. Do not freeze these leftovers.
- Leftover coating mix (1st 9 ingredients) can be stored at room temp in
- covered container up to 2 months.
- Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post
- Messages in this
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Popeye's Fried Chicken – CLONE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes