Made this for part of my Dad's birthday present (he's a coconut lover). I haven't tasted the bar together, but clean the bowl was delicious. I used dried mixed fruit instead of just apricots and golden raisins because I forgot we were out of the regular. Also, I used 95% fat free Kettlecorn. Yummy honey-brown sugar mixture. Definitely a recipe to play with, really the instructions are what's solid and the idea is brilliant.
Popcorn Snack Bars
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Chill: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 26mg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 8 cups plain popped popcorn
- 2 cups rolled oats (do not use instant)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced dried apricots
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread coconut on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, stirring once or twice, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Wipe off baking sheet and spread almonds on it. Bake until golden brown and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once or twice. Transfer to bowl with coconut to cool.
- 2. Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine popcorn, oats, coconut, almonds, raisins and apricots; stir well.
- 3. In a small pan over low heat, combine honey, brown sugar and salt. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Pour honey mixture over popcorn mixture; stir until all ingredients are well-coated and there are no dry spots. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Using lightly moistened palms, firmly press mixture into baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks