Pop-open Barbecue Clams
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 5.9g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 184mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 16 to 30 clams in shells, suitable for steaming
- 1 baguette (8 oz.), sliced
- 2 1/2 to 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1. Scrub clams under cool running water. Discard any gaping clams that don't close when cleaned.
- 2. Place a bowl with clams, a basket with baguette slices, small forks, and napkins alongside barbecue grill. Place butter in a small pan on a cool section of grill.
- 3. Have guests set clams on grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- 4. Cook clams until they pop wide open, 6 to 8 minutes. Pick up clams, using tongs or napkins to protect fingers, drain juices into butter, then pluck clams from shells, dip in butter, and eat.
- 5. When all the clams are cooked, dip bread into butter.
- Nutrition analysis per 2-clam serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers