Poor Man's Stroganoff
Community Recipe from
- 1 loaf(s) french bread sliced in half, lengthwise
- butter room temperature
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/4 cup(s) green onions sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 bell peppers sliced into rings
- 1 tomatoes sliced
- 4-8 ounce(s) colby-jack shredded cheese
- Butter both halves of the french bread. Wrap in foil, and bake at 375º F., for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef with green onions, salt, and garlic powder. Drain grease.
- Stir in sour cream and soy sauce. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Spread the mixture on both halves of the french bread.
- Top with green pepper rings and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes longer, to melt the cheese.
- To brown the cheese, turn on the broiler for a few minutes. Watch it closely because it can burn quickly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KamraRaleigh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes