Poor Man's Stroganoff
This is a long-time family favorite. Easy to make, and fun to eat!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 loaf(s) french bread sliced in half, lengthwise
- butter room temperature
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/4 cup(s) green onions sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 bell peppers sliced into rings
- 1 tomatoes sliced
- 4-8 ounce(s) colby-jack shredded cheese
- Butter both halves of the french bread. Wrap in foil, and bake at 375º F., for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef with green onions, salt, and garlic powder. Drain grease.
- Stir in sour cream and soy sauce. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Spread the mixture on both halves of the french bread.
- Top with green pepper rings and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes longer, to melt the cheese.
- To brown the cheese, turn on the broiler for a few minutes. Watch it closely because it can burn quickly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KamraRaleigh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note