- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (6-ounce) pompano fillets
How to Make It
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot, and sauté 3 minutes. Add celery, leeks, garlic, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning; sauté 5 minutes. Add wine, lemon juice, and thyme. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Cut 6 (18- x 12-inch) rectangles of foil. Brush center of each sheet with olive oil. Place 1 fillet in center of each sheet, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Divide onion mixture evenly over fillets. Top each fillet with 1 tablespoon remaining butter. Fold foil in half over each fillet to form a packet; crimp edges to tightly seal.
Grill packets on grill rack, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 12 minutes.