- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 pounds peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, optional
- calories 208
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 5.2 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 1.5 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 3.4 g
- carbohydrate 36.7 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 353 mg
- calcium 11 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Melt 2 1/2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof heavy skillet over medium heat. Arrange a single layer of potato slices, slightly overlapping, in a circular pattern in pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt mixture. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon melted butter over potatoes. Repeat the layers 5 times, ending with butter. Press firmly to pack. Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes.
Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until potatoes are golden. Loosen edges of potatoes with a spatula. Place a plate upside down on top of pan; invert potatoes onto plate. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.