Photo: John Kernick
This festive variation on a margarita is made with pomegranate syrup, silver tequila and fresh lime juice.
Yield: makes 8 drinks
More From Food & Wine
- Black lava salt or kosher salt, (see Note)
- Lime wedges
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup pomegranate syrup, (see Note)
- 24 dashes of orange bitters
- Spread salt in a shallow dish. Run a lime wedge around the rims of chilled cocktail glasses, then dip the rims in the salt to coat.
- In an ice-filled pitcher, combine the tequila, lime juice, pomegranate syrup and bitters. Stir well. Strain into the cocktail glasses.
Note: Black lava salt is available at amazon.com. To make pomegranate syrup, whisk together 3/4 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice with 3/4 cup sugar until the sugar is dissolved; you should have 1 1/2 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note