- Black lava salt or kosher salt, (see Note)
- Lime wedges
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup pomegranate syrup, (see Note)
- 24 dashes of orange bitters
How to Make It
Spread salt in a shallow dish. Run a lime wedge around the rims of chilled cocktail glasses, then dip the rims in the salt to coat.
In an ice-filled pitcher, combine the tequila, lime juice, pomegranate syrup and bitters. Stir well. Strain into the cocktail glasses.
Black lava salt is available at amazon.com. To make pomegranate syrup, whisk together 3/4 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice with 3/4 cup sugar until the sugar is dissolved; you should have 1 1/2 cups.