We made this for a Valentine Day family treat; my husband and kids loved it--a good way to get some yummy antioxidants in my kids.
Pomegranate Sherbet Shake (Non-Alcoholic)
Sweet, tart, cool -- and nourishing! This thick shake combines pured canned fruit, juice and sherbet with slushy ice. Perfect for a hot summer day!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail in heavy syrup*
- 9 ounces (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup orange sherbet
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Do ahead: In a blender, pure entire can of fruit cocktail. Set fruit cocktail pure aside in a separate bowl/pitcher. Rinse blender bowl and return to base.
- To make three drinks: In a blender, add fruit cocktail pure, pomegranate juice and orange sherbet. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice, add ice to blender and blend until smooth. Pour into pint glasses. Garnish with whipped cream.
- Tip: Add 1-1/2 ounces pomegranate-flavored vodka to turn this into an adult-only treat.
- Serving glass: 16-ounce pint glass
- Servings: 3
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 180; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 30mg; Carbohydrate 44g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1g; Vitamin A 4%DV**; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 4%DV
- *Note: One, 15-ounce can of fruit cocktail in heavy syrup makes 3 drinks.
- ** Daily Value
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note