I just happened to have some watermelon molasses on the shelf due to my love of international markets. I know the recipe says pomegranate but the watermelon worked well. It is absolutely delicious. Neither did I marinate overnight. Next time I visit the market that carries these types of items I will pick up other varieties. I tasted it before I put it on the chicken and loved it so much. Usually I do not change the recipes I find but this time I did and can only imagine how great it would be if I had not. Can't wait to try doing it according to the directions.
Pomegranate Molasses and Mint Marinade
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Randy Mon
- 3/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Whisk all ingredients together. Put chicken in a nonreactive baking dish and pour marinade over, turning to coat.
- *Find at well-stocked grocery stores and Middle Eastern markets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This