I made these for the Christmas season in 2010 - it received rave reviews from everyone and I mean everyone. I had lost the recipe and have searched and searched for this and finally found it again - whew! I made the whole amount and froze it in different containers to take to different parties This is the best drink ever. The taste is great and it packs a punch!
Celebrate under the stars with a ruby red pomegranate margarita. Usually, margaritas come with a salt rim, but this beauty shines with a sparkling sugar topping. It's the perfect complement to the tart frozen limeade concentrate and cranberry juice.
More From Oxmoor House
- 6 cups white tequila
- 12 cups water
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (we tested with POM)*
- 1 1/2 cups Triple Sec
- 2 (10-ounce) cans frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 2 (11.5-ounce) cans frozen cranberry juice cocktail, thawed and undiluted
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- Light corn syrup
- Coarse sparkling sugar
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a very large plastic container. Cover and freeze at least 24 hours or until slushy.
- Pour a small amount of corn syrup onto a flat plate. Pour coarse sugar onto another plate. Dip rims of margarita glasses in corn syrup; dip each glass into sugar. Pour margaritas into prepared glasses.
- Freezer Note: For more convenient storage, divide Pomegranate Margaritas among zip-top freezer bags.
- *Find pomegranate juice year-round in the produce section of your local grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note