I made these for a birthday dinner for my daughter. I used triple sec in place of the orange liqueur and they were very tasty. I especially like that they can be made ahead.
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- Ice cubes
- Garnishes: orange and lime slices
- 1. Stir together sugar and hot water until sugar is dissolved. Stir in 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice and next 3 ingredients.
- 2. Pour desired amount of pomegranate juice mixture into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Cover with lid, and shake 30 seconds or until thoroughly chilled. Remove lid, and strain into chilled cocktail glasses. Repeat procedure with remaining pomegranate mixture. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Triple Sec orange liqueur.
Mix up batches of the margarita mixture ahead of time, and chill. Shake to order when friends arrive. We suggest using a tequila labeled plata or silver.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note