Way better than J----! I made this with a blueberry-pomegranate juice mix, which gave it a nice flavor. Left out the fruit, but it was still yummy. I'll make it again!
Pomegranate Gelatin with Fruit
Replace the popular sugary store-bought gelatin dessert with this nutritious jiggly dessert or snack.
Yield: 8 adult servings (serving size: 1/3 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 67
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 17.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 9mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups pomegranate juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup coarsely chopped strawberries
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup pomegranate juice in a medium bowl. Let stand 1 minute.
- 2. While gelatin mixture stands, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice and honey into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add boiling juice mixture to gelatin mixture, stirring with a whisk until gelatin dissolves. Pour gelatin mixture into an 8-inch square dish; refrigerate 20 minutes or until the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Stir in strawberries. Refrigerate 40 minutes or until firm.
- for your toddler: Serve a spoonful in a small bowl. Cut the gelatin into bite-sized pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts