1. Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until nuts are toasted.
2. Cook pomegranate juice in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often, 18 to 20 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from heat, and carefully stir in apple cider. Pour cider mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
3. Stir together brown sugar, next 3 ingredients, and toasted pecans.
4. Cut 1/2 inch from top of each apple. Place about 3 Tbsp. of pecan mixture into each apple cavity, pressing down and mounding on top. Arrange apples in baking dish with cider mixture. Top apples evenly with butter.
5. Bake apples at 400° for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Let stand 10 minutes. Place apples in serving bowls; spoon sauce from baking dish over apples, and serve with Sugared Piecrust Strips.
Go to Full Version of