I make a variation of this with a sugar cube and cherry brandy (which I get in Traverse City, MI) which is equally as good. This is a great celebratory drink for the New Year.
Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail
Pomegranate champagne cocktails are a pretty and festive drink for any special occasion. Pomegranate juice is available in the refrigerated juice section or produce section of the grocery store. Turbinado is a raw, very coarse sugar with a mild brown sugar taste. Find it with other sugars. We found the rock candy stirrers at an import store that carries wines and specialty food items.
More From Southern Living
- 1 turbinado sugar cube*
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice**
- 1/2 cup Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- Place sugar cube in a Champagne flute; add 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice and 1/2 cup Champagne. Serve immediately.
- *1 rock candy stirrer or granulated sugar cube may be substituted.
- **2 tablespoons cranberry juice cocktail may be substituted. Omit sugar cube.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note