- 1 cup diced (about 1/2 in.) cooked beets (about 3 fresh; see notes)
- 1 cup diced red onion (about 6 oz.)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 to 2 cup mâche, arugula, or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- calories 124
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- protein 3.3 g
- fat 2 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- carbohydrate 20 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- sodium 127 mg
- cholesterol 7.5 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, boil beets, onion, vinegar, broth, liqueur, sugar, and orange peel, stirring often, until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, 7 to 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, or chill airtight up to 1 day.
Stir pomegranate seeds and salt to taste into the beet mixture.
Mound mâche equally on salad plates. Spoon pomegranate and beet mixture alongside greens. Sprinkle feta cheese over greens.